The current library building was built in 1957-58.
The library has three floors and is 94,000 square feet.
The upper floor is a silent study space. If it gets noisy, students send a text that all library staff receive to ensure the issue is addressed promptly.
There are 867 seats in the library.
There are 13 group study rooms spread throughout the three floors of the library.
The main and lower floor of the library have a total of 60 public computers and 6 printers.
The Cura Personalis Corner, located on the main floor, provides a space for prayer and quiet contemplation.
Andrew L. Bouwhuis, SJ Library
The Andrew L. Bouwhuis, SJ Library is a dynamic space for innovation and collaboration that inspires lifelong learners.
With values emerging from our Catholic, Jesuit traditions, and rooted in the mission of the College, the ALB Library serves as the intellectual, academic, and social center of Canisius, transforming students and others into lifelong learners who will serve and lead in a global society.
The library achieves this mission by:
ALB LIBRARY: INNOVATIVE COLLABORATIVE TRANSFORMATIVE