Below is the floor plan for the main level of the library. During the summer this space will be undergoing major renovation. The area below the black line will be usable space. The area above the black line will be off limits.
There are some things to consider while the renovation is underway.
How this will affect our operating procedures:
- The main entrance to the library will be closed.
- You will be able to enter the library through a temporary entrance that will be established at Tim Hortons (through the glass wall).
- The upper and lower levels of the library will be restricted to library staff only.
- We will have a temporary Service Desk located by the Library Learning Center.
- We ask that you request materials to be held for you through the library’s website. Requests for materials will be processed every 2 hours. You will then be able to pick them up at our temporary service desk.
- Visitors will not be allowed access to the library during this renovation phase.
Some other things to consider:
- Due to space issues, some collections may not be physically browsable. Of course you will be able to request the items that you may not have access to.
- Materials in the Curriculum Center will only be accessible via the Hold system and will take longer than 2 hours to retrieve. Please plan accordingly.
- The Library will maintain the same hours of operation as previous summers.
- Monday - Thursday: 8:00 am - 10:00 pm
- Friday: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Saturday: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Any library instruction requested will take place either in the regularly scheduled classroom or a computer classroom in Old Main. If you have any questions regarding Library Instruction please contact Kelly Lambert (email@example.com)
- The Archives and Special Collections will maintain the same hours of operation. If you have any questions regarding the Archives and Special Collections please contact Kathleen Delaney (firstname.lastname@example.org)