The library offers twelve group study rooms that can be reserved. These rooms are intended for student use. Several rooms have technology installed. Reserve rooms here: library.canisius.edu/or.
The Rosetta Stone room can be reserved for one person use and persons using the language software have priority.
NOTE: Due to heavy usage demands, booking a group study room is highly advised. Those with reservations do have preference for the room at their booking time. We ask that you cheerfully vacate the room to honor advanced bookings if you do not have the room booked for that period. For assistance with clearing a study room, please do not hesitate to come to any front desk for assistance.
- Room bookings take priority, all other use is on a on a first come, first serve basis.
- May book up to 2 weeks in advance. NO "back to back" or block booking. 30-minute minimum booking, 3 hour maximum. Only one reservation is allowed per person per day and two per week. Additional reservations may be cancelled by library staff.
- If you do not arrive within 15 minutes of your scheduled booking your reservation will be cancelled. Repeated failure to arrive for a room reservation can result in future reservations not being honored. The Library reserves the right to cancel a reservation.
- Because of high demand, group study rooms are for student use only and may not be used as substitutes or adjuncts for classroom or office space by faculty and staff. If you need a classroom please contact the registrar at 716-888-2990 or event management at 716-888-3744 to book the conference rooms.
- The rooms are designated for group collaboration, not individual study. While individuals may use a room if it is not scheduled, please be gracious about surrendering the space if requested by a group.
- Priority for presentation and media rooms will be given to groups using the rooms/technology for their intended purpose.
- The white board walls in the group study rooms are for your use, but we ask that you erase your work before you vacate the room. Markers and erasers are available for checkout at the front desk.
- If you require other adaptors to use the equipment with your personal devices, please ask at the circulation desk.
- If your group vacates the group study room before your reserved time slot is up, please alter or delete your reservation online, this will free up the room for others who might wish to reserve/use it.
- Personal materials and library books may NOT be left unattended in the group or individual study rooms while in class, for extended periods of time, or overnight. Materials and personal items left unattended will be removed. Library books that are not checked out will also be removed.
- Please remove all personal items and garbage when vacating rooms.
- Please take care of the equipment and facilities so that we can continue to offer you these services.
Cancellations: Due to heavy demand, please cancel a room booking if you find you cannot honor your booking.
WARNING: Rooms are not secure. Please do not leave anything in group study rooms of value. The library is not liable for lost or stolen items left unattended.
Repeat policy offenders may be barred from booking rooms.